New Years with a bang !
Well, I know that I've certainly never been so close to fireworks before, not even when dad used to set them off in the yard. There were explosions all along the beach and we easily had the most spectacular view from the huge rocks at our resort. Every resort let off their own display up and down the beach making it a feast for the eyes and ears. No doubt there will be lots of burnt bits to clean up today.
The weather is beautiful and warm, almost too hot, but not quite. The water is perfect, but the beach will shred your tootsies. The last typhoon from Vietnam brought really coarse coral sand up on the beach and I'll never need a pedicure again, because my feet are slowly being rubbed off.
I got a thai massage yesterday while Lucas sampled some local cuisine. The 1 hour treatmnet cost 6$ and left me feeling very well streched and limber. Our resort is nice and the bungalow has everything that it said, no hot water, but a cold shower is welcome after the sun, and for 25$ a night, you can't really ask too much. We're about 100 steps from the beach and nestled in amongst tropical gardens. There is a nice modern pool to cool off in when you don't want to play in the waves or deal with the sand. The staff are very friendly and I even got to use some french.
We'll have pictures when we get back and probably make one more post before we leave.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 Comments:
Hey, glad you guys had a good new years.
Have a wonderful 2007!
Karyn
PuT UP PICTURES!!!!!!!
love pammy
Post a Comment
<< Home