Thursday, December 28, 2006

2 more sleeps

We leave Saturday night and are both getting excited about the trip to Thailand. Lucas doesn't plan on spending a lot of money, but I am ready to shop. Hello clothes that fit! Me and my chosen tailor are going to become fast friends, and I plan on having at least one more traditional clothing item made out of thai silk if I can afford it. There will be elephant riding, scuba diving and massages aplenty for me. I plan to lounge, get a nice sun burn, and watch my freckles explode into their full glory all over my face.

The weather is supposed to be an average of 25 degrees and the monsoon season is over, the tons of people everywhere season however, should be in full swing. I'm hoping to brush up on my French since our resort is owned by a Thai/French couple. I haven't learned any Thai at all, which is very odd for me since I usually love learning new languages, but I've been really lazy about it. I guess it didn't really feel like time was passing and there always seemed to be another day to do it.

That's what I'll do for our 6 hour layover in Bangkok, learn Thai numbers and phrases. This vacation won't feel real until the plane takes off. It's just too different from our day to day life of teaching.

I'm glad to say that the flu I developed on Christmas Eve has finally downgraded into a cold and is on the way out. I had my first nights sleep in 5 days and am feeling very refreshed, although I currently bear a striking resemblance to a raccoon. Lucas had a cold over Christmas too, but it limited itself to being a cold. Thank goodness for Buckley's 'It tastes bad, but it works.'


If anyone has tips for our trip to the land of warm and sunny, please let us know, since we wouldn't have even considered going 8 months ago and don't know a lot about the country other than where we're staying and that it will be amazing.

Hope that you all aren't too jealous, I know that you don't have any snow there, so you can't complain too, too much. If it makes anyone feel better, our high today is -3 and it's going down to -13 tonight. No snow though, it won't be making an appearance here.

Ok, off to work, must entertain the kiddies for 2 more days and then figure out what to pack along with the sunscreen and toothbrush ...

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I just sent you an email about Christmas money, so you can shop even more, I hope. Maybe I can reach you on the computer later this afternoon.
Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home