What's going on...
Again, I wish we posted more often on this blog but we always seem to be too busy or too lazy to keep everyone updated as often as we'd like.
Not much has changed since the beginning of October. School is still pretty much the same, the children act as they always do, and we teach them as best we can. There is the whole Halloween thing about to happen, however, so that is sort of exciting. In Korea they don't really celebrate Halloween, but since our school is an English school, they want to participate. All the children are VERY excited, and they've been brining BAGS full of candy to school so that on Halloween day they will be able to go trick or treating here at the school. Of course this means that we're going to have to dress up as well. The Korean director wants to be in charge of getting us costumes but I'm not so sure I trust her -- so I've been thinking about a few possibilities. Downstairs at the school we have an "English Hospital" set up so I was thinking about swiping the doctors coat and maybe making some fake blood and stuff and then being a crazy doctor, that might be a good one.. That or a Zombie -- face paint, fake blood, dirty clothes == easy costume.
Korea is starting to get cooler now. The weather changed even more dramatically then it does back home. We went from T-Shirts and Shorts weather one day, to Pants and Sweaters the next -- literally a 10-15 degree drop in daily temperatures over night.
On the North Korea front -- for those of you interested -- not much extra news that you can't find already on CNN. The general feeling among the South Koreans is that nothing is REALLY going to happen. They have the attitude of "Hey we're all Koreans, they won't attack US" which means they've conveniently forgotten that whole Korean war.
We have officially passed the 1/4 mark of our minimum stay here in Korea. That seems so amazing. We're starting our Teachers college application stuff again, so that is just another thing to keep us busy -- but if we don't get accepted again I think we're both pretty sure that staying another year isn't really a bad thing. Ask us again in 6 months if we still feel that way however.
Our winter vacation plans have definitely firmed up. We are booked for a bungalow in Samui, Thailand for new years and that is definitely exciting for us. There are A LOT of interesting places along the beaches and imagine how impressed I was when we found a resort called "Ninja Place" ! Which featured (according to their website) the Ninja Pool, the Ninja Beach, and the Ninja Crepe restaurant (Because everyone knows, Ninjas ONLY consume nutrients in Crepe form) so of course we tried to book that hotel but -- as one would expect, they were fully booked. I believe that they knew we weren't REALLY Ninja's and thus denied our request outright, those sneaky Ninjas!
that's the news from Korea... I hope people still actually READ this blog...
Lucas and Jo.

2 Comments:
...don't know about everyone else, but I still read your blog! And I was excited to find a new post this morning. You guys make my day!Thailand for New Years!!! WOW...that sounds lovely. I am sure that you will have a wonderful holiday. Are any of the other teachers going to be joining you? Your next post had better be well before New Years...!! :-) I want to keep hearing about all your exciting adventures. Happy Halloween!
Hi Jo and Lucas!
Well we check your blog all the time and are happy to hear your latest news. Grandma is here for the weekend to get her hair done, Samantha is being mostly good. I am so happy to hear you are going to Thailand, where did you get a reservation? Do you go before or after Christmas? So - no Ninja for you!! Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home