My Take out Triumph !!!
Posted by Jo
Well Wednesday night Lucas decided that he wanted to eat at a restaurant near work, right after work, at 6:20, which is quite early for our dining schedule here in Korea. We usually don’t eat until nearly 8, so clever girl that I am I decide I’ll just go out and get take out. This was not a wise course of action. I did not know the word for take out. After many futile attempts to order food in a bag and miming the motion for walking I finally found a restaurant that would sell me some kind of duck dinner for 22+ dollars, but not anything else on the menu. After over an hour of searching I happened upon a very kind man who translated for me and got me some pork soup. He was also super sweet and asked me to sit with his family while I waited for my food to cook. He wrote down his number for me and even offered to let me taste his family’s soup so that I would know what it tasted like, but I declined as mine was ready by this time. He really was a life saver and I am so grateful. The sad thing is that when I got home Lucas enjoyed the soup, but I didn’t really like it.
My plan is from now on in to just let him fend for himself if he is too chicken to go out and order something new. I will never wander for over an hour in search of take out food to bring home to him, especially considering that it was 100 % humidity at the time.
Well anyway, he has promised to try to be more adventurous, which I doubt will happen unless I drag him to new places, but we’ll see. As I stated previously, he’s on his own if he doesn’t learn to fend for himself a little bit more. Mama bird is chucking his butt out of the nest and he had best learn to fly pretty darn quickly.
Luckily for him on this long weekend we have gotten a strong supply of ingredients from Wal-mart and some fresh fruit and veggies from the market that open a block from our school every 5 days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home