Friday, February 09, 2007

The Update Continues

Well, we're now 100% settled into the new apartment and I must say that despite any initial objections, the new place is actually very nice.

There are a lot of nice things about it, and only a couple negatives so overall I'm convinced it is better then where we were. My father would be proud to know that I "Considered All Factors" and did a Pluses, Minuses and I...... forget what the I stands for...

Anyways, here's the breakdown on the new place:

Pros:
Perfect size for two people. Adelia was just too big, it was a hassle to clean and had too much unused space that just attracted clutter.

Brand new. Nothing is broken, everything works properly, and the only things there are things we brought. Adelia had about 5 occupants worth of left behind crap in it, and this place is free of junk.

Quieter. No more train going by every 30-90 minutes, though we are a bit closer to a busy road so there IS some road noise, but no BLARING train horns -- yay.

About the same distance to work and easier taxi access for when we want to travel by cab.

Also, for whatever reason (probably related to its newness) this building doesn't accumulate a layer of black guck each week which Adelia did.

Cons:
No bathtub or shower divider - Basically it has the standard Korean bathroom where the entire room is also the shower stall area so the entire floor does get wet, but we've got a few raised mats now that keep your feet off of the damp floor.

No Oven and a bit smaller kitchen - Even though its easier to keep the smaller kitchen clean, not having an oven kinda makes me a bit sad


That's pretty much it though, everything else is working excellently at the new apartment -- and we actually have it set up very comfortably, so that each of the two bedrooms functions as a working are as opposed to just a place to sleep, and the living room is nicely laid out. So even though the place is a bit smaller it sometimes feels bigger (at least to me)

Onto the school front. The Korean school year (public school) begins in March so graduation is coming up for our Kindergarten students. The older 4 classes will be heading off to Elementary school and we will be starting 4 new classes of beginners which I think will be a lot of fun -- I tend to have a lot of success with the brand new students. Also we will be getting 3 new teachers at the end of February as we are replacing ones who have completed their contracts. We're getting to the home stretch ourselves now, 5 months to go as of today! It's amazing how fast the time has been going by.

That's about all there is to say, please remember to keep us posted on the happenings from back home, we both look forward to any comments or emails from people in North America.

2 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again,
"I" stands for "interesting features"! I'm glad you are all moved in, no oven is kind of poopy, did you ever find some Thai food stores, or market? I hope to talk to you this weekend. Is Jacqui still coming?
Love, Mom

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Guys,

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your new place. That's great to hear. Hope that everything else is going great for you too.

Hugs and love,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home